Monday, November 10, 2008


I was on the radio again my friends
on WCHL 1360 on your Amplitude Modulated radio , and the local Air America Station
We were recorded on a segment for "Here's to your Health" which is a regular show hosted by Dr. Adam Goldstein and Dr. Cristy Page.
Adam was actually crucial in the survival of SHAC during the 90's when it was at risk for falling into chaos (as free student run clinics are wont to do). He firmly adjoined UNC Family medicine to the clinic and we now have an attending physician and a resident physician from their practice who attend clinics to teach and supervise volunteers giving direct patient care. Without Adam's hard work I really doubt we would still have a clinic.
Anyway it was a really nice show and it will be on the air 11/29 and will then be available on the website: Lindsey's Radio Appearance but only after its already aired. . . .
It was good for several reasons- not least of which was that Christy Page was unaware that I am a NURSING student, not a med student. So she serendipitously got to share a little air time in a sort of interdisciplinary setting. I am always looking out for ways to remind Med Students/Residents/"Greybeards" that they are not the only ones on the planet that provide health service. Hmmm maybe that was a little harsh, but its kind of ridiculous for me to feel out of place in a room because I'm not a doctor or future doctor.
Maybe I'm just sensitive, but people get so excited about people in med school and don't really seem to care about nursing school. As if doctors are the most important people in the world. Personal issues aside- it was an excellent show, and all a ya'll better listen!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

But wait, doctors aren't the most important people in the world? What the hell am i doing in med school? I'm driving back to Raleigh to slap my college adviser...